The Nuns’ Island Family Farmer’s Market (NFFM): Organic, local and
Who we are
The Nun’s Island Family Farmers’ Market (NFFM) is a project of Art of Raising Children/L’art d’élever des enfants (ARC).
The Nun’s Island Family Farmers’ Market aims to:
- promote healthy living by making fresh and organic produce easily accessible to all families and residents living on the Island;
- create opportunities for social well-being and togetherness by bringing together local families, residents and farmers;
- provide a space for interaction and learning for the children of the Nuns’ Island community;
- support our local farmers and promote local economy.
- All produce is grown and sold by CERTIFIED ORGANIC producers. For more information on organic certification, go to http://www.cog.ca/about_organics/what_is_organics
- All vendors are LOCAL to Quebec (100 miles from Montreal) and all revenues go directly to support our local farmers.
- The Market is GROWERS ONLY MARKET – our vendors grow it, make it, harvest it, bake it and sell it. In order words, no reselling is allowed! You buy directly from the maker. So come out and learn the history of your food from the one growing for you.
Organic + Local + Fun = Nuns’ Island Family Farmers Market.
Things to Do at the Farmers’ Market
There’s something for everyone at the Market including:
- Certified and knowledgeable vendors with an array of fresh, local food offerings
- Live music
- Food demonstrations and sampling with a local chefs
- How-to workshops (e.g. gardening, preserving foods, etc.)
- Family Story Time and special appearances by children’s books authors
- Adjacent playground for the children
- Free weekly recipes
- Proximity to the local library
- Sign-ups for tours to local farms
- Lots of free parking
- Frequent shopper program